Prepare these ingredients ahead and later assemble this appetizer just before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves*
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 slices LAND O LAKES® Deli American Cheese OR Monterey Jack cheese, quartered
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch slices
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Place bread slices onto ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of each slice of bread with oil mixture.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Heat broiler. Top each with 1 slice cheese and 1 slice tomato; brush with remaining oil mixture. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).
* Substitute 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves.