All the essential enchilada ingredients are here: spiced chicken, tomato-rich sauce, sour cream, cheese and even a chopped olive garnish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 cups cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
In a large bowl combine the chicken, sour cream, canned diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon chili powder, chopped onion, green onion, and fresh diced tomato. Mix well and set aside.
In a medium saucepan combine tomato sauce, salsa, 2 teaspoons chili powder, oregano and parsley. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and fold together, laying snugly in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour simmered sauce over the top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped olives.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.