Tomatoes slowly cooked with chili seasoning, oregano, garlic powder and pepper to make a hearty red sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 1/4 pounds tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
In large saucepan over low heat, combine tomatoes, olive oil, pepper, chili seasoning, salt, onion, oregano, garlic powder, parsley and sugar. Simmer 1 hour. Serve.