Try this recipe when you want spaghetti, but don't want the same old stuff. I never have any complaints (or leftovers, for that matter)!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in mushrooms, green bell pepper, and tomatoes. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir in tomato paste and beef broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Mix the flour into the sauce to thicken. Serve sauce over the cooked pasta.