Pureed shrimp dressing, served over garden fresh tomatoes makes a delicious light lunch. It is so simple to prepare, you will want to keep a can of shrimp in the cupboard to dress up a repast for unexpected company.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup canned shrimp
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 leaves of lettuce
Add shrimp, eggs, carrots, onion, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until just combined. Blend mayonnaise with lemon juice and mustard; mix into shrimp mixture with a fork.
Core tomatoes. Cut into quarters without cutting all the way to the bottom. Place each tomato on a lettuce leaf, and open. Spoon shrimp mixture into the center. Serve