A hearty, hearty salad filled with veggies, lots of fresh herbs - basil, mint, and parsley - and a sprinkling of Parmesan and lots of crumbled feta. The pasta is cheese tortellini. Makes eight servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 16 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
In a jar, combine vinegar, olive oil, fresh herbs, lemon juice, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Seal, and shake until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
In a large bowl combine, tortellini, peppers, onion, and olives. Pour lemon dressing over salad, and toss to coat pasta. Cover, and chill for at least four hours. Before serving, toss in feta and Parmesan.