A tasty soup that is just right for chasing away those winter chills. Very easy to make and one of my most often requested recipes! Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with hot crusty French bread if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 5 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared cheese tortellini, thawed
- 10 ounces spinach, rinsed and chopped
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Combine tortellini and spinach and bring to a boil; reduce heat slightly and boil for 7 minutes. Drain and add to the tomatoes and broth; simmer for 20 minutes. Serve.