Green chilies, cilantro and cumin make this cheese tortellini dish feisty and good. Use your own tomato sauce or a bottled marinara sauce, either way this wonderful and simple pasta is a snap. Don 't forget the mozzarella!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 9 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large pot of salted water boil tortellini until al dente. Drain well.
In a 1-1/2 quart saucepan combine sauce, green chilies, cilantro and cumin. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Place tortellini on a serving platter and pour tomato sauce mixture evenly over pasta. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and serve.