Boneless, skinless chicken meat is combined with pinto, black, kidney and ranch-style beans in this soup with hominy which calls for packets of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 cups water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
Combine the chicken and water in a large pot over high heat. Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from the pot, and cut into bite-size pieces.
Return the meat to the pot. Add the onion, kidney beans, ranch style beans, pinto beans, black beans, hominy, tomatoes, taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix. Mix well, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.