This is a great cold salad dish with little preparation time. It has a Greek flair to it and is delicious. I always come home with an empty dish. The key to it is using fresh tomatoes if you have them. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chilled cooked long-grain white rice
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted whole black olives, drained
In a large bowl, mix the reserved artichoke marinade, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Gently mix the artichoke hearts, rice, tomatoes, onion, and olives into the bowl. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.