This recipe was given to us by my husband's aunt. It has the same ingredients as a Reuben sandwich. If you love Reubens you should love this!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups thousand island dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 6 slices dark rye bread, cubed
- 6 slices light rye bread, cubed
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds corn beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, mix the thousand island dressing, sour cream, and onion.
Arrange the dark and light rye bread cubes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, reserving about 1/2 cup each for topping. Layer the bread with sauerkraut and corned beef. Spread the dressing mixture over the corned beef. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese, top with remaining bread cubes, and drizzle with margarine.
Cover, and bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.