Tomatoes are cut into wedges and cucumbers, red onions, and bell peppers are sliced to make this salad. The dressing is spicy and wonderful with its trio of mustards.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 cucumber, scored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Slice the tomato into wedges. In a salad bowl, combine the cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and tomatoes.
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, mustard seed, dry mustard and hot sauce. Pour the vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill for several hours.