This is a Trinidadian style chicken with bok choy. It is tasty and easy to make.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (.18 ounce) packet sazon seasoning
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 bok choy stalks, chopped
Stir together the garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and sazon seasoning in a shallow dish. Coat chicken pieces with this mixture.
Heat a Dutch oven or heavy skillet with a lid over medium heat for at least 3 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over the bottom of the pan, and stir gently until it becomes liquid and caramelizes. Add the chicken, cover, and cook for about 25 minutes.
Remove cover, and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, letting the juices cook down until they are almost gone. Add the bok choy, and cook just until wilted.