The Grand Prize Winner of the 2001 Nestle Toll House 'Share the Very Best' recipe contest, this dessert was created by Terri Hewitt of Elwell, Michigan. This mouthwatering cheesecake features layers of Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Butterscotch
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1 tablespoon NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 tablespoon NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
FOR CRUST: COMBINE crumbs, powdered sugar, cocoa and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of prepared pan.
BAKE for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
FOR FILLING: BEAT cream cheese and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in sour cream, flour and vanilla extract. Add eggs; beat until combined.
MELT butterscotch morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir 1 1/2 cups batter into melted morsels. Pour into crust. Repeat procedure with semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Carefully spoon over butterscotch layer. Melt white morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl as stated above. Pour melted morsels into remaining batter; stir. Carefully pour over semi-sweet chocolate layer, covering completely.
BAKE for 1 hour 10 to 15 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of cheesecake. Let stand for 1 hour.
FOR TOPPING: PLACE butterscotch morsels into small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cheesecake. Repeat procedure with semi-sweet chocolate and white morsels. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of pan.