These cookies are very rich and chocolately.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 7 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
Melt the chocolate squares and butter or margarine in a double boiler. Stir well and remove from heat.
Cream sugar and eggs in medium sized bowl until thick and creamy. Mix in vanilla and melted chocolate.
Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls about 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until tops crackle and look shiny. Cool 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to racks; cool completely.