Stir frying is the perfect way to cook mushrooms, just long enough to release their mushroom goodness. And there are three kinds in this dish - straw, white and shiitake. Carrots too. But the sauce of soy sauce, sherry, honey and broth really brings it a
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium, low fat vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
In a wok over high heat, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes. Add the carrots and saute for 3 minutes.
Add soy sauce, sherry, honey, and vegetable broth to the wok. Cover and steam for 2 minutes. Garnish with green onions.