Fix this for brunch or a breakfast party. Strewn with bits of pineapple and toasted flaked coconut this cake will satisfy the taste for tropical treats.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (juice reserved), divided
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (7 ounce) can whipped cream
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE cake mix, evaporated milk and eggs in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup pineapple. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
COMBINE sugar and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spread over warm cake, sprinkle with coconut and remaining pineapple. Cool completely before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.