Try this tempting tiramisu with a tropical twist. Drizzle morsels of cake with mango nectar and rum, then layer with a fabulous pineapple and honey cream cheese, candied ginger and macadamia nuts. Chill and serve with slices of mango and pineapple.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups leftover bunny cake, cubed
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mango, garnish
In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, honey, and pineapple juice concentrate until light and fluffy; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mango nectar and rum extract; set aside.
Place half of the cake cubes in a 1 1/2 quart glass bowl. Drizzle half of the mango/rum mixture over the cake, then spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Sprinkle on half of the ginger and nuts. Repeat layers.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish each serving with fresh mango slices and pineapple.