Blue cheese makes this a deliciously different potato salad. It disappears fast at family gatherings or potluck dinners. 8 servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onions and celery. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper and celery seed. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup) equals 175 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.
Potato Salad Tips