This Crab Cake recipe is the true Crab Cake with no fillers and no heavy spices, all crab meat. This recipe has been in my family for generations.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat, flaked
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
In a medium bowl, stir together the pancake mix, mustard, mayonnaise, egg and parsley until well blended. Fold in the crabmeat. Form into 3 inch patties.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. There should be enough oil to reach half way up the sides of the crab cakes. When the oil is hot, carefully place the patties in the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, about 8 minutes per side. If patties are browning too fast, reduce the heat. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.