Tasty deep-fried tuna-bites are a real treat!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in onion, cover tightly, and cook until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix tuna, milk, flour, parsley, sugar, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in rice, onion, and eggs. Mold the mixture into about 12 balls.
Heat 1 quart oil in a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer. Fry the tuna balls in batches until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.