This hearty tuna casserole is great for a quick summer meal. Sauteed vegetables mixed in with pasta and mushroom soup. Topped with mozzarella cheese and French fried onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked rotini (corkscrew) pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 8x8 inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly fry the garlic, red and green pepper, carrots and zucchini; about 3 to 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mushroom soup and tuna. Stir in the vegetables and the cooked pasta. Mix to combine well. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese and fried onions over the top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and slightly brown.