There are lots of diced veggies that give this salad its flavor, color, and name. Red bell pepper to diced green onion. And a few generous splashes of hot pepper sauce give it some zip. Tuna never had it so good. Serves four.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, bell peppers, red onion, green onion, garlic, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper. Stir well and refrigerate for at least one hour.