Penne pasta with olives, garbanzo beans and tuna. a quick and delicious meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic in oil until golden. Stir in onion and water and cook until onion is soft. Stir in the tuna with its oil, olives, beans, garlic salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer while pasta is cooking.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss pasta with tuna mixture, top with Romano and serve.