Unflavored gelatin and cream-of-mushroom soup form the base of this seafood spread that can be eaten alone or with crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained
Line a mold, or pie pan with plastic wrap.
In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat soup and cream cheese until soft and smooth. Remove pan from heat.
Mix gelatin mixture, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, salt and pepper (to taste), onion salt, celery salt, and tuna fish into the soup and cheese saucepan. Stir mixture until smooth.
Cover mold or pan and chill overnight. When ready to serve remove the tuna mousse from the mold and serve.