Serve this casserole when you're short on time and need something hearty and comforting.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- paprika, tomato slices and fresh thyme, optional
In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna and mushrooms. Combine soup, milk, salt and pepper; pour over noodle mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines and butter; sprinkle over noodles.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with tomato and thyme.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.