Chili powder and Worcestershire give eye-opening flavor to an easy tomato soup and Cheddar cheese sauce. Combine with tuna, sauteed onions and cooked noodles, then bake with a sprinkling of Cheddar cheese over the top.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water until done. Drain.
In a large skillet, saute onion in oil. Add undiluted soup, chili powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer 5 minutes. Mix in noodles, 1 cup cheese, and tuna. Spoon into a greased 1 quart casserole dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. While still hot, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.