Tuna with rice, garlic, onion, and mozzarella cheese. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium saucepan, mix water, garlic, onion, salt and black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute, then stir in the rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Line the bottom of a 9x5 inch loaf pan with half of the rice. Top with drained tuna, cheese, tomatoes and the remaining rice.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.