Have tuna salad, will travel! With this ingenious, fun muffin recipe, you won't end up with soggy bread in your packed lunch. It's tuna mixed with nonfat yogurt, onions, olives, and garlic, and flour, and then baked in muffin tins.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Into a separate bowl, flake tuna; then stir in yogurt, green onion, olives, and garlic. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and oil.
Stir tuna mixture into flour mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into flour mixture. Spoon tuna salad into the wells of muffin tins.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.