Tuna, potatoes and onions, layered and topped with a mushroom soup and mustard sauce, then baked.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 cups baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes; Drain. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
In a saucepan, combine yellow mustard, flour, milk, salt and 1/2 cup of soup. Mix thoroughly and heat until thickened.
Starting with the potatoes, arrange the potatoes, tuna and onions, in alternating layers in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the mustard sauce all over the top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.