Vegetables, and lots of them, are the secret to this healthy but delicious chili. The vegetables listed in the recipe are suggestions; you may want to add your own favorites.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra lean white meat ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon HERB-OX® Beef Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Brown and crumble ground turkey in a large nonstick pan coated with vegetable spray. Add vegetables to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Place the turkey and vegetables in a slow cooker along with water, beef granules, diced tomatoes, salsa and beans. Cover and heat the mixture on low heat setting for 4 hours.