This chunky turkey and vegetable stew in a milk gravy can be served over biscuits, wide egg noodles, or rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Slowly cook and stir onion and celery until soft.
Mix flour into saucepan and stir until vegetables are evenly coated. Stir in milk and allow the mixture to thicken.
Mix in the turkey, mushrooms, pimentos, bell pepper and peas. Stir and cook until thick; thin with milk if desired