A fast and easy way to prepare a pretty classic nacho treat with ground, browned turkey meat. Serve with sour cream, taco sauce, salsa or guacamole.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large skillet over medium heat, begin to brown the ground turkey. Stir in garlic, pepper, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon chives. Stir in 1 tablespoon hot sauce. When the turkey is browned, stir in taco seasoning mix according to package instructions.
Pour the beans into a microwave safe bowl, and heat in the microwave until softened. Stir in 1 tablespoon chives and 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
Spread the tortilla chips across the bottom of a baking sheet. Spoon the beans mixture over the chips. Then spread the turkey mixture across the top. Sprinkle cheese, then olives, tomatoes, green onions, and remaining 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes over the top.
Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes