Red and yellow peppers are sauteed with mushrooms, zucchini and turkey kielbasa for a great tasting and colorful meal. This light and delicious recipe is my family's favorite! I hope it will be yours too!!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic, and stir to cook evenly. Season with steak seasoning and onion powder. Cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.
Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes. Just before serving, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.