Lots of flavors and textures in this hearty turkey salad that is also low-fat. The dressing is zesty - fat-free mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and taco sauce. For a bit of crunch, tortilla chips are folded into the salad at the last minute.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package low-fat baked tortilla chips
Place turkey in a large deep skillet, season with garlic salt and cook over medium high heat until fully cooked. Crumble and set aside to cool.
Mix together the turkey, lettuce, green onions, kidney beans, cheese, pickles and olives.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar and taco sauce.
Pour dressing over salad and refrigerate. Before serving, mix in 2 cups broken tortilla chips. Garnish with whole chips and serve.