Angel hair pasta is layered with a creamy turkey mixture and grated cheese in a baking dish in this casserole which also freezes well.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound cooked turkey, chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil add pasta and cook until al dente, drain.
In a medium saucepan, cook and stir onion in butter or margarine over medium heat until tender. Blend in flour and seasonings. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk; stir until mixture thickens. Add 2/3 cup cheese and pimento, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in undrained mushrooms to cheese sauce.
Place layer of pasta in 12 x 8 inch baking dish. Cover with layer of turkey, and then a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup cheese over top.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for about 25 minutes.