This soup is wonderful anytime of year, but especially when the tomatoes, green peppers, basil and garlic are all fresh from the garden.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 pounds tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- minced fresh basil (optional)
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Stir in turkey and macaroni; heat through. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup) equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable.© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.