Cans of green and red enchilada sauce are combined in this turkey and corn tortilla soup seasoned with cumin. Serve garnished with minced jalapeno, avocado, chopped tomato, and grated cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1/4 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Combine chicken stock and tortilla strips in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until strips soften and broth thickens slightly. Stir in green and red enchilada sauces and cumin. Stir in turkey and half-and-half; heat through but do not boil.
Divide soup among four bowls and garnish with diced tomato, jalapeno, avocado and cheese.