Wild rice is cooked in chicken broth, then combined with turkey, bacon and cream in this warm soup seasoned with poultry seasoning and green onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, diced turkey meat
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
In a large pot over medium heat, combine chicken broth, water, green onions and wild rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Allow to cool and then crumble. Set aside.
When rice is tender, melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper all at once. Cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbly. Stir in half-and-half and cook until thickened, 2 minutes. Stir half-and-half mixture into rice mixture. Stir in bacon, turkey and sherry. Heat through and serve.