A delightful alternative to ordinary spaghetti!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced curly escarole
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can pasta-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 pound dry spaghetti, freshly cooked
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In large skillet, heat oil; add garlic and cook over medium-low heat 1 minute. Add escarole; stir occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, and wine.
Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil and simmer 1 minute.
Toss sauce with hot spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.