Spread your bread with the earthy flavors of the Italian countryside. Cream cheese, garlic, artichoke hearts, olives, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and chives all converge to make a rich and colorful appetizer.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic and salt; stir and blend in artichoke hearts and olives.
Add green onions, tomatoes, parsley and chives; gently mix together.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to blend flavors; serve.