A garlicky vinaigrette is the secret to the flavor of this vegetable and bean salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups Mann's Vegetable Medley
- 1 (15 ounce) can white (cannelloni) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup bacon bits, chopped (may substitute cooked bacon) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mann's Garlicky Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add Mann's Vegetable Medley. Cook until water returns to a rolling boil, 1-2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine Mann's Vegetable Medley with beans, bacon, parsley, and vinaigrette, tossing gently to mix. If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, pepper and crushed red pepper until well blended. Whisk in olive oil.