A layered green salad with green peas, celery, bell peppers, Cheddar cheese, and bacon sprinkled over all. For other variations, I have substituted or added some of my own favorite ingredients, such as: carrots, eggs, mushrooms, sprouts, and seeded cucumb
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
In a large transparent bowl, layer lettuce, celery, bell peppers, onions, peas, mayonnaise, sugar and cheese. Sprinkle bacon bits evenly over the top of the salad.
Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.