Chunks of pineapple, fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges and miniature marshmallows are wrapped in a thick, tangy and fruity sauce dotted with poppy seeds.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks - drained with juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 banana, sliced
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg, lemon juice, butter, sugar and 1 tablespoon of the reserved pineapple juice over low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture becomes thick. Whisk in poppy seeds. Remove from heat and chill.
Once dressing is cold, fold in whipped cream, pineapple, orange segments, fruit cocktail and marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours. Just before serving, mix in the banana.