Chicken, lettuce and green onions are just the beginning of this Asian-style salad with crunchy almonds and chow mein noodles. I got this recipe from a very dear friend who got it from a co-worker. We tried it and people just go crazy. It's especially gre
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb and spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 heads iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
In small bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, seasoning blend, and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, chow mein noodles, almonds, sesame seeds, green onions, and poppy seeds. Toss to blend. Pour salad dressing over the salad just before serving.
NoteToast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir constantly.