Chicken breasts & veggies simmered in seasonings & broth for a scrumptious and easy one skillet dinner! Everyone always asks for more.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Melt the margarine in the skillet. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, celery, and mushrooms, and cook until tender. Set vegetables aside, and cook the chicken breasts in the skillet 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
Return the cooked vegetables to the skillet. Mix in the potatoes and green beans. Pour in the chicken broth. Season with salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has been reduced. Remove the bay leaf before serving.