Potatoes, celery and onion are cooked with chicken broth and cream, and thickened with flour in this creamy, simple, potato soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 cups diced potatoes
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot, bring potatoes, celery and onion to a boil in 2 cups of broth. Cook until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid.
Combine reserved broth and half-and-half in pot. In a bowl, combine melted butter and flour. Stir into half-and-half mixture over medium heat. Stir until thickened. Stir in reserved vegetables, remaining broth, bouillon and pepper. Heat through and serve.