Flavorful soup with Italian sausage potatoes and a healthy dose of cayenne pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 10 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
In a blender or food processor, puree garlic and onion. Heat garlic and onion puree with Italian sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
Transfer the sausage mixture to a large soup pot. Add potatoes and water to cover. Stir in the seasoned salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until potatoes are tender. when potatoes are done, stir in the butter, evaporated milk and parsley. Cook long enough for the butter to melt. Serve hot with bread or crackers.