My mom and I invented this recipe with EASE in mind, it's a one dish complete meal. Best of all, even my veggie hating children LOVE it! It can be made with sweet peas, or with spinach.... both are delish.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cubed processed American cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until almost al dente (until ALMOST cooked); drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Add the chicken, peas, soup, whipped topping, American cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix together and transfer mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, then remove cover and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool for 4 to 5 minutes, allowing cheese to thicken slightly.