Lemon, cumin and thyme make this creamy chicken and rice dish stand out from the rest.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon and herb seasoning
- 1/8 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/8 tablespoon dried thyme
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Prepare instant rice according to package directions. (Note: 2 cups of uncooked rice will yield about 4 cups of cooked rice.)
In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine the cooked rice, soup, water, seasoning salt, seasoning, cumin and thyme. Mix all together until well blended. Press chicken breasts into mixture until only the tops show. Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes of baking, remove cover and pierce chicken breasts with a fork so that the juices can flow through the meat. Replace cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes at the same temperature. Enjoy!
Increase spices as desired.